VP of Engineering
Codal is a UX design and development agency with a focus on blending an Agile process with the latest technologies. Our clientele ranges from small businesses to the Fortune 100, but our philosophy has always remained the same: to empower brand visibility and deliver the most elegant web and mobile solutions possible.
As a Codal employee, you’ll join a dedicated and driven organization composed of industry visionaries and leaders. We take the utmost pride in our work and are truly passionate about the services we provide. As a world-class agency, we offer all of the benefits of an enterprise company in a friendlier, tight-knit office community.
Codal is searching for a highly experienced executive to serve as the Vice President of Software Development & Project management at Codal and to lead and supervise all of Codal’s project efforts. With experience in a leadership role in the design, development, and implementation of software applications, our ideal candidate will helm the planning, management, and execution of Codal’s project workflows.
- Leveraging technical insight and expertise to assist the pre-sales team
- Managing complex projects and resources (people, costs, and time) across multiple departments.
- Leading and managing UX processes and documentation
- Performing executive leadership role in the design and implementation of web and mobile applications
- Representing Codal at business and industry meetings, conferences, and other events
- Presenting and explaining all things Codal to a wide range of audiences
- Developing technology strategies to meet business objectives with existing or emerging technologies
- Translating business concepts to technical terms and communicating them clearly to project stakeholders
- Applying creative approaches to determine technical solutions that further business goals and align with corporate technology strategies
- Serving as a primary liaison between the client and Codal
- Ensuring project requirements and milestones are clearly understood and met, as defined by executive, project, and product management.
- Proactively identifying and resolving risks to project success.
- Collaborating with the founders, other product development groups and software engineers to identify and define solutions
- Providing mentorship and fostering team growth, especially on the technical side
- Working with UX leadership to develop strategies for enhancing seamless collaboration between the design and software development teams
- Communicating complex concepts in a simple form to cross-functional departments or teams.
- Developing long-range business plans and strategies.
- Establishing the strategic direction and business plans for a functional group.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible and directly related software development experience.
- Experience leading Agile and waterfall teams
- Experience leading both onshore and offshore teams
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA
- Certified or extensive hands-on experience with AWS
- Strong on elegant coding, can write very solid prototypes or core components quickly.
- Strong expertise in internet technology and security
- Experience with software testing automation tools to enhance productivity
- Ability to supervise, coach, mentor, train, and evaluate work results
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high-intensity startup organization
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, work independently and meet deadlines.
- Superb written / verbal communication skills
- Unmatched leadership skills
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.