Codal is a UX design and development agency with a focus on blending an Agile process with the latest technologies. Our clientele ranges from small businesses to the Fortune 100, but our philosophy has always remained the same: to empower brand visibility and deliver the most elegant web and mobile solutions possible.
As a Codal employee, you’ll join a dedicated and driven organization composed of industry visionaries and leaders. We take the utmost pride in our work and are truly passionate about the services we provide. As a world-class agency, we offer all of the benefits of an enterprise company in a friendlier, tight-knit office community.
Codal is seeking a highly skilled Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst to join us in our Chicago, IL headquarters. With experience in designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions, and managing cross-functional teams, our ideal candidate will ensure every digital product Codal crafts meets our world-class standards.
- Review quality specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate quality testing activities
- Design, develop, and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, and document bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Connect with internal teams to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track QA metrics like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date on new testing tools and strategies
- 4-5 years of experience in software development and software QA
- Must have automation experience
- Proficiency with software QA methodologies, tools, and processes like JIRA, Xray, HP ALM, and TestRail
- Experience writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Solid knowledge of SQL
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience with performance or security testing is a plus
- Hands-on experience with Selenium is a huge plus
- ISTQB or any other testing-related certification is a plus
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.