Codal is searching for a skilled and experienced Business Analyst, a strategist with the right combination of technical knowledge and business acumen to provide our clientele with robust, informed solutions. Your role is to understand the client’s needs in order to create meaningful product experiences that satisfy the end user. As a trusted expert to the client, your role is rooted in understanding the client’s definition of success and being able to translate those requirements within the capabilities of our design and development teams. Our ideal candidate will not only conduct rigorous analysis of a business' processes, objectives, and needs, but also translate these goals into functional requirements in the form of feature lists, user stories, and user acceptance criteria.
- Partner with client stakeholders and Product Managers to ideate and brainstorm on complex business problems and arrive at relevant solutions
- Act as the voice of the customer and main point of contact with stakeholders and agile team; advocate of quality solutions that delight customers
- Turn product vision and feature list into an actionable product backlog
- Create epics, features, and user stories; ensure user stories clearly communicate customer/stakeholder needs to the agile team; works with team interactively to clarify stories as needed
- Prioritize user stories to ensure work focuses on those with maximum business value that align with product strategy
- Own sprint planning and decide which items will be delivered in a given sprint and assess when work is done; set and communicate release dates and scope
- Monitor ongoing performance and feedback to filter into future enhancements
- Lead team meetings, demos, and sprint reviews; empower the team to test and learn
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- Relevant business analysis experience for a successful software or IT project
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of Agile methodologies and principles. Certified Scrum Product Owner is a plus.
- Ability to write clear, concise, and complete user stories
- Working knowledge of business processes, system development, process improvements and change management.
- Jira Software/Confluence experience is preferred
- Minimum 2-5 years of relevant experience in product management/ownership or working within a formal BA role.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.