SUMMARY: This position leads the requirements development for applying technology to satisfy business needs. Defines and documents internal and external user interfaces and supports system and data requirement clarification and definition. Systems and industry requirements for SaaS. Also, acting as the liaison among internal stakeholders to analyze, document, communicate and validate business and system requirements for platform applications. In addition, the job will entail working with customer’s applications Specific duties include but are not limited to the following essential job functions:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This position will work closely with all business groups and customers. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Direct the requirements development for applying technology to satisfy business needs.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys,
- site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts and decompose high-level information into details.
- Work with functional leads to transform and develop new requirements into SaaS design and implementation.
- Interface with staff developing strategy as technical advisor for new functionality from app exchange applications, releases, and upgrades If needed.
- Monitor CR and enhancement , Document changes to the design and implementation.
- Create and maintain workflows, approval processes, and validation rules based on internal stakeholder requirements .
- Manage ongoing support requests and administrative needs.
- Create training materials and documentation for SaaS users and train new end users applications.
- Job Description Senior Business Analyst
- Interface with staff developing strategy as technical advisor for new functionality from app exchange applications, releases, and upgrades
- Interface with vendor partners and design optimal solutions for integration
- Define and document internal and external user interfaces and support system and data requirement clarification and definition.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the needed artifacts (i.e., functional requirements, business requirements document, use cases, GUI and screen and Interface designs).
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
- Familiarity with Integration components for Agile and SDLC ( for example, APIs, controllers, Web Services, callout, outbound messaging, and data loaders)
- Serve as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Work directly with and serve as the liaison between business units, technology teams and support teams.
- Assist in quality assurance and defining testing strategy and risks. Provide significant contributions in the testing and debugging of new software or enhancements to existing software.
- Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
- Work with business unit personnel to identify required changes and communicate information to development team.
- Assist in the enforcement of project deadlines and schedules.
- Review and edit requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution.
- Develop functional specifications and system design specifications.
- Deliver informative, well-organized presentations.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology Management or related discipline or equivalent and 3 to 6 years of direct experience.
- Experience using enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies.
- Experience with Agile delivery methods is desired.
- Knowledge of all phases of software development including requirements analysis, design,
SKILLS: Must have a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements. Ability to apply general organizational knowledge of the business and systems processes in problem analysis is required. Must have a solid understanding of application programming, database and system design. Ability to lead and negotiate business solutions that balance technical capability, cost, and time, against business need is required. Must exhibit confidence and an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems. Ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously is required. Must possess strong leadership skills and generate enthusiasm among team members. Ability to work independently with users to define concepts, under direction of project managers is required. Must possess strong analytical, organizational and product management skills. Ability to communicate difficult sensitive information tactfully is required. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts is required. Must have an understanding of Internet, Intranet, Extranet and client/server architectures. Ability to push creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices and client mindsets is required. Must have an understanding of how legacy and web-based systems interface with each other.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write and interpret reports, business correspondence, and/or procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, vendors, clients, customers, and the general public.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems, involving many variables, in different situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited 4-year university
- Certified Administrator would add advantage
- 2+ years experience - technical and/or process improvement project management.
- Experience between different business systems as well as working with integration tools