Codal is a UX design and development agency with a focus on blending an Agile process with the latest technologies. Based in the heart of Chicago, we have a knack for bringing out the best in every brand that we work with. With more than 11 years of industry experience, Codal has a strong team of skilled and experienced business and technical experts. Our clientele has ranged from small business to enterprise, but our philosophy has always remained the same: to empower brand visibility and deliver the most elegant web and mobile solutions possible.
Codal is seeking a System Admin to join our rapidly growing digital agency. The System admin will be responsible for installing, upgrading and monitoring software and hardware as well as assisting with data backup and recovery.
- System monitoring and maintenance including configuration & security management, patching, automation, hardening and system upgrades
- Ensuring overall system and server uptime, availability, reliability and security
- Keeping updated, accurate and reliable backups of application and databases
- Liaising with 3rd party vendors, IT providers, etc. for specific requirements
- Documenting policies and procedures
- Troubleshooting server-side issues as they arise
- Install and configure software and hardware
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Build an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
- Hardware Troubleshooting.
- Windows Operating system installation/troubleshooting.
- Microsoft and other application installation troubleshooting.
- Network Management of Local network management.
- Installation/troubleshooting of network points.
- Installation of networking equipment like switches, routers and firewalls(fortinet).
- Peripherals Management of Other peripherals installation/troubleshooting.
- Vendor Management.
- Preventive maintenance of the machines as per the SLA agreement
- Maintaining H/W S/W inventory
- Call escalation as per the Escalation Matrix.
- Configuration Hardware and network support
- Knowledge of Linux,windows and MacOs
- You possess a degree/diploma in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- You have prior experience in a system administrator role
- Familiarity with various operating systems & platforms
- You possess good analytical & debugging skills
- Good communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with team members
Why Work for Codal:
As a Codal employee, you're a member of a dedicated & driven organization, composed of industry visionaries and auteurs. We take the utmost pride in our work and are truly passionate about the services we provide. As a world-class agency, we offer all of the benefits of an enterprise company, in a friendlier, tight-knit office community.
Benefits of Working with Codal:
- Work only 40 hours a week.
- Flexibility in work timings.
- No LAY-OFFs, no PAY CUTS and myriads of projects in the pipeline.