Director of Project Management
Codal is a UX design and development agency with a focus on blending an Agile process with the latest technologies. Our clientele ranges from small businesses to the Fortune 100, but our philosophy has always remained the same: to empower brand visibility and deliver the most elegant web and mobile solutions possible.
As a Codal employee, you’ll join a dedicated and driven organization composed of industry visionaries and leaders. We take the utmost pride in our work and are truly passionate about the services we provide. As a world-class agency, we offer all of the benefits of an enterprise company in a friendlier, tight-knit office community.
Codal is seeking a Director of Project Management to join a quickly growing team who is leading our clients to new innovations. The Director of Project Management coaches and manages internal teams to ensure optimal execution and management of complex, cross-functional projects from kick-off to completion while ensuring client satisfaction, meeting all schedule milestones, and delivering within the approved budgets. You will not only help develop and execute the plans that allow our teams to create exciting work, but will also supervise a team of project managers and oversee large projects.
The ideal candidate is a project management expert, mentor and advocate. They need the ability to understand the driving forces impacting projects and teams, and champion effective solutions to reach client and team goals.
- Manages multiple high complexity projects or programs across multiple accounts or client groups, including new business and internal initiatives when needed)
- Prepares and maintains project timelines and resource estimates in partnership with Discipline leads
- Understanding all the in's and out's of JIRA
- Defines delivery structure and overall vision on projects and is responsible for overseeing and directing multiple projects within a given client relationship.
- Prepares and maintains a high-level view of all current and forecasted projects on assigned account(s)
- The Director is the program/project lead across all client’s, ultimately responsible for the delivery of high-quality deliverables that power client satisfaction, and meet business requirements.
- Actively manages project timing and resource assignments in Project Management software
- Monitors project scope and informs Account partners of scope creep and impact on budget, ensuring accurate financial management of the project and portfolio
- Proactively identifies risks, monitors issues, and provides mitigation and contingency plans throughout the project lifestyle
- Guide large teams in process development, financial management and scoping of work
- Participate in new business RFI or RFP requests when necessary
- Define and adjust processes to meet project/business needs and look for ways to improve processes
- Participate in team and cross-capability recruiting, interviewing and staffing
- Oversee, lead and guide the Project Management team on individual performance and career development, as well as the teams’ overall goals and objectives
- Work closely with the Sales and Marketing team to review complex proposals, before they are sent to prospective clients, from a project management perspective
- Owns project definition, scope monitoring, budgeting & timing at the account level.
- 10+ years of project management experience in managing enterprise level web and mobile projects.
- Must have working knowledge of enterprise tools (JIRA, Slack, Trello, PSA Tools).
- Experience working with and enforcing an agile environment.
- Must have experience working with offshore resources.
- Fully integrated (UX/UI design, development, testing etc.) delivery experience is required.
- PMP Certification and/or SCRUM Master Certification a plus.
- 4-5 years of supervisory experience managing and mentoring junior/mid-level talent.
- Solid understanding of project management methodology, including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk and develop detailed work plans and specifications.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.