Full Stack Lead Engineer
Full Stack Lead Engineer
Codal is searching for a high-performing experienced full stack engineer to serve as the Full Stack Lead Engineer at Codal. With successful experience in the design, development, and implementation of software applications, our ideal candidate will provide engineering leadership for a variety of client projects. Candidates will be the goto technical point of contact for project engagements.
Candidates must have extensive technical experience in coding and development, preferably in modern full stack Web technologies and frameworks (e.g. React or Angular, Node.js, Python/Django). Candidates should also have ample experience with cloud technologies such as AWS and Azure, as well as relational databases such as MySQL and Postgres.
- Leading by example -- write good code and write good tests
- Proposing and establishing technology architecture that represents the best fit for the given project
- Ensuring software engineering best practices and optimizing development/release processes for on client projects
- Leading code reviews for the engineering team
- Proactively identifying and resolving technology risks on client projects
- Collaborating with a cross-functional Agile team of Product Management, Design, and QA to successfully deliver projects
- Communicating complex technology concepts in a simple form to cross-functional project teams, client stakeholders, and executive leadership
- 6+ years of progressively responsible and directly related software development experience
- Extensive hands-on coding experience in full-stack Web and/or mobile development using some combination of the following (React, Angular, Node.js, python, React Native)
- Experience as a technical lead for both onshore and offshore teams
- Experience with Github, Jira, as well as common CI/CD frameworks
- Hands-on experience delivering cloud-based applications (preferably on AWS or Azure)
- Experience leveraging and extending open source libraries
- Experience implementing unit test and integration test frameworks
- Strong experience conducting and facilitating code reviews
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Experience as a scrum master for engineering teams is a plus
- Experience in Ecommerce platforms is a plus
- Experience in client-based consulting is a plus
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.