Codal is a UX design and development agency with a focus on blending an Agile process with the latest technologies. Based in the heart of Chicago, we're a group of skilled business and technical experts with over nine years of industry experience. Our clientele has ranged from startups to enterprises, but our philosophy has always remained the same: to empower brand visibility and deliver the most elegant web and mobile solutions possible.
Why Work For Codal
As a Codal employee, you're a member of a dedicated & driven organization, composed of industry visionaries and auteurs. We take the utmost pride in our work and are truly passionate about the services we provide. As a world-class agency, we offer all of the benefits of an enterprise company, in a casual, tight-knit office environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
Codal is searching for an organized and detail-driven, JIRA administrator, a manager who specializes in the Agile methodology.
Our ideal candidate will maintain JIRA projects, workflows, permissions, and users while working in a JIRA cloud environment. The candidate will analyze, review, and document current functionality to determine potential areas of improvement, streamlining Codal’s workflows and promoting efficiency.
You must possess verifiable working with JIRA filters, reporting, dashboards, workflows, fields, and processes, and should be well-versed in industry-standard methods and techniques.
- Architect, design, configure, manage, and support JIRA
- Authorize and endorse best practices for the usage of JIRA
- Pilot and preserve the organization of data in JIRA and Confluence
- Architect, design and support custom JIRA workflows, fields, dashboards, and reports
- Provide in-depth training to business users on JIRA and Confluence features and functions
- Evaluate JIRA and Confluence plug-ins, determine licensing needs, perform testing, installation and configuration of the plug-ins
- Respond to day to day requests and troubleshoot issues
- Work under and with Tool Stakeholders to create interactive reports
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline; or Master’s degree.
- 5+ years’ experience as JIRA Administrator with experience customizing JIRA projects with various schemes, complex workflows, screen schemes, permission schemes, and notification schemes required.
- Expert level Atlassian tool administration knowledge on JIRA and Confluence.
- Ability to write custom JQL (Jira Query Language), a plus.
- Ability to construct custom dashboards using various filter types in JIRA
- Ability to construct Confluence pages and integrate JIRA projects with them
- Experience in performing Atlassian installations, migrations, and plugin installation
- Microsoft SQL Server or MySQL Database administration skills are preferred.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic agile environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.